Music has a profound impact upon us, not just on our feelings and emotions, but also on our minds and bodies.
Our bodies and cells are a source of energy and electromagnetic waves that vibrate at certain frequencies. When the vibrational frequency of our bodies is exposed to certain vibrations of music or sound, they resonate together, triggering a new vibration in our cells.
Pythagoras was famously quoted as saying “the highest goal of music is to connect one’s soul to their Divine Nature”. That’s why music, when produced with specific intention utilising certain frequencies, can bring about healing, joy, and a sense of being loved.
Solfeggio frequencies are a powerful tool. The tones are said to have originated in the 11th century, through the innovations of an Italian Benedictine monk: Guido of Arezzo. He taught melodies and harmonies to monastic choirs via a mnemonic tool - the “Guidonian Hand” - whereby places on the fingers and palm were assigned certain notes. To inform singers of the next note, the choirmaster would point to parts of his hand. But Brother Guido wished to find a way to express a musical scale.
He set about creating notations on a staff (a very early form of the musical notation what we know today), to teach chants and hymns. His original notations are said to have derived from the first syllable of each half-line of the ancient “Hymn to Saint John the Baptist” - reportedly descended from a more ancient work by Horace, an 8th century BC Roman poet.
This ancient scale is the ancestor of the scale we know today. The word “Solfeggio” is based on the word “solfège” - the name for the method of teaching pitch and sight singing via the medium of notation.
Frequently heard in Gregorian Chants, these sacred frequencies penetrate deep into the conscious and subconscious mind. They balance our energy and keep our body, mind, and spirit in harmony, thereby enabling us to easily achieve a greater sense of equilibrium and receive deep healing.
Each tone vibrates at a specific frequency that has a certain healing property. This is the entire Solfeggio frequency scale:
- 174 Hz – Considered to be a natural anaesthetic. It can remove physical and energetic pain and karmic energy. Deeply healing for the organs.
- 285 Hz – Said to be directly connected to our blueprint for optimal health and physical wellbeing. Promotes the healing of damaged tissue and internal organs.
- 396 Hz – Has the ability to cleanse guilt and fear, enabling us to achieve goals. This frequency is also great to help ground, centre and re-stabilise.
- 417 Hz – This frequency can facilitate change, bringing someone closer to Spirit and helping them return to their life's purpose. It can cleanse traumatic experiences and influences.
- 528 Hz – DNA repair and transformation. Healing our DNA increases our life energy, gives us clarity of mind, greater awareness, creativity and opens us to deep spiritual experiences. When used in conjunction with clear intention and channelling, this frequency can have the ability to bring about miracles.
- 639 Hz – This frequency can facilitate deep connection by enhancing understanding, tolerance, and love. It is fantastic for helping to solve relationship issues and can also encourage cells to better communicate with their environments.
- 741 Hz – Great for cleansing toxicity and electromagnetic radiation from the cells. Can also clear viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. It encourages us to lead healthier, simpler, more spiritually-aligned lives.
- 852 Hz – Stimulates the third eye chakra, inner strength, and self-realisation by dissolving the energetic blockages that hinder communication with our higher self, spirit guides and spirit helpers.
- 963 Hz – Connected with Spirit and the return to oneness, this tone can awaken any system to its original, perfect state.
Liz is an electronic music and sound healing producer who collaborates with MEYA. Try her powerful "90-Minute Healing Soundscape" in MEYA app in the Sonic Healing section. It is a unique combination of electronic music and solfeggio frequencies and will help you feel more at peace, more connected to Spirit and deeply healed. Interwoven into the framework of this immersive healing soundscape are mantras and powerful healing Solfeggio frequencies. If you're feeling fearful, anxious, stressed, overwhelmed, or exhausted, this will heal and soothe you. Other benefits include slowing the pulse and heart rate, lowering blood pressure, and decreasing the levels of stress hormones.
Liz is also offering an immersive music production course to support anyone with a curiosity and dedication for making music and healing sounds. The course covers all the foundational topics needed to create music (from understanding and using chords, arranging, working with vocals, using audio effects, basic synthesis, mixing and mastering and much more).Find out more about her course via her website: https://lizcirelli.com/